November 26, 2019
Odyssey Theatres is pleased to provide a progress update on their expansion and remodeling plans for the Fond du Lac 8 Theatres. The extensive plans are nearly complete and will soon be submitted to the city officials for review and approval. The current timeline anticipates construction to start in the first quarter of 2020. Odyssey Theatres acquired the Fond du Lac 8 Theatres in April.
“This is a complete remake of the cinema” said Bryan Sieve, VP of Finance and Development for Odyssey Theatres. “Every surface in the building from floor to ceiling will be new” he went on to say. Also, one of the big new additions to the theatre will be a Premium Large Format screen (PLF) which will be added to the west side of the building bringing the number to nine screens for the plex. The screen will be 3 stories tall by 65 feet wide and will feature state of the art immersive sound and a high contrast laser projection system providing unmatched image quality. The “PLF” auditorium will seat 272 people with each in the comfort of powered recliner luxury.
In addition to the PLF screen, other points of the remodel will include:
- Luxury powered recliner seating in every auditorium
- Updated stadium seating in existing non-stadium auditoriums
- New floors, ceilings, drapes and screens in the existing 8 auditoriums
- Large floating screens in all auditoriums
- New concession area featuring expanded food menu
- Lobby renewed throughout with new adult beverage area
- New heating and cooling for the entire building
- New elegant completely remodeled restrooms
- Updated exterior with a completely new parking lot
Odyssey is planning on keeping the cineplex open and operating as much as possible during the anticipated 7 month construction process by doing sections of the work at a time. It is inevitable that the theatre will need to close for periods as work requires but hopes are to minimize those times as much as possible.
Along with the complete makeover once the theatre is complete early next summer it will be renamed "Odyssey Grand".
Odyssey Entertainment operates theatres under both the Odyssey and CineMagic banners in Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Ohio.